Gigaset A490 Cordless Landline Phone
- Type: Cordless
- With Caller ID
- With Speaker Phone
|Price history for Gigaset A490 Cordless Landline Phone(Black)|
Didn't find the right price? Set price alert below
|In the Box|
|Network Types||WDCT, GAP|
|Expansion Handsets||4 Handsets|
|Adjustable Handset Volume||Adjustable Handset Volume|
|Other Audio Features||Mute|
|Parallel Call Features|
|Number of Parallel Calls||1 Parallel Calls|
|Selective Internal Calls||Yes|
|Internal Transfer of External Calls||Yes|
|Other Parallel Call Features||Parallel Internal Calls, Parallel External Calls|
|Other Call Features||Paging|
|Display Type||Monochrome Display with Backlight|
|Other Display Features||Illuminated Display|
|Caller ID Feature||Caller ID Support|
|Missed Call Notification||Yes|
|Other Menu Features||Text Based Menu, Time Display, Date Display, Call Duration Display and Charging Status Display|
|New Message Indication||Yes|
|Phonebook Entries||80 Entries|
|Redial Memory||10 Redial|
|Call Log||25 Logs|
|Speech Transmission Encryption||Yes|
|Other Security Features||TBC|
|Base Unit Power Source||AC Adapter|
|Handset Battery||2 x AAA Ni-MH Battery|
|Standby Time||177 hrs|
|Range||300 m (Outdoor), 50 m (Indoor)|
|Other Features||Phonebook Transfer via DECT, Plug-and-play Installation, Alarm Clock|
|Base Unit Dimensions|
|Warranty Summary||1 Yr H&set & Base Warranty & 6 Months Accessories|
|Covered in Warranty||Handset, Base Unit, Adapter, Batteries|
|Not Covered in Warranty||Phone Cord and Battery Cover|
|Warranty Service Type||For any Service issue & after sales support required on Gigaset kindly email on the following IDs & you will get revert within 48 hours: firstname.lastname@example.org,�email@example.com|
Description and Review
Why buy a Gigaset phone?
- All Gigaset phones are designed and engineered in Germany
- Gigaset is a dedicated phone manufacturer – meaning greater focus and better quality.
- In a 2011 test, every single top thirty phone in the which best buy guide was manufactured by Gigaset
- Every prototype Gigaset phone is subjected to a series of endurance tests to guarantee world-class quality and reliability. If even the smallest fault is found, it is sent back to the drawing board.
- Caller ID works with BSNL. Wasn’t with my previous Panasonic. Heard trouble with caller ID with Panasonic handsets.
- Loud ringer sound.
- Handsfree with speakerphone on the handset!
- Can store 80 contacts.
- Holds messages about missed calls.
- Battery life is pretty long!
- No issues of interference with wireless even though they seem to use 2.4 GHz.
- Voice quality is nice and clear, as good as the Panasonic I had before which was really excellent.
- Ringtones are pretty lame.
- The handset looks a bit flimsy. Haven’t dropped it yet, but doesn’t look like it can take too much rough use. Panasonic was sturdier that way.
- Once you store the contacts, editing them is not that easy because of the menu structure. So store them once and use them often.
Overall, good value for money and you get all the features advertised. I would recommend it right now based on the few days’ usage.
Overall, good value for money and you get all the features advertised. I would recommend it right now based on the few days' usage.